Advisement

This blog is intended to share my experiences with you on what parts I use and how I use them and how I install them. I am sharing this information to help others who run into the same issues I may run into. I will be including lists of parts and tools as well as links to the items I have purchased. Please be sure to only use parts for your specific vehicle.

My Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Taking ownership of my new to me car

I am originaly from California.   Born and raise in the Los Angeles County.  I've sold and purchased many cars in my lifetime their, but have not experienced the same requirements as here in Arizona.

So the first main difference is that you are required to get the title notary certified when the current owner signs over the title.   This was new to me.   Secondly, emissions are good till the next required emission test.  So when the title transfers over, you do not need to get another emissions test.

In California you are required to do an emissions test every time the vehicle changes owners and the certificate is good for 30 days.  So you can get an emissions test, the you have 30 days to sell the vehicle or you need another test.

Needless to say due to the differences I had to contact the previous own and ask him to meet me at a notary to get a his signature documented by the notary.   This was after it was already signed by him at the time of money exchange.  Oops, live and learn.

Once that was done I went to AAA with my membership card, paid the title and plate fee and the whole thing was done.

I am very great full to have AAA membership.  They have made my title transfers, so much easier in to California and Arizona.   As well as all the other added benefits.

More to come.

Vince.




Tools used in this post -

Parts used in this post -


 Let me know if you have any questions or would like more detail. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment