Advisement

This blog is intended to share my experiences with you on what parts I use and how I use them and how I install them. I am sharing this information to help others who run into the same issues I may run into. I will be including lists of parts and tools as well as links to the items I have purchased. Please be sure to only use parts for your specific vehicle.

My Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My first Scion xB

Previously I owned a Toyota 2004 Matrix.
It was a great little car and I used it to haul around my private Bartending gear to events.   I owned it for 3 years and it served me well.  I travelled acros California with my children and would drive to Phoenix Arizona regularly during its last year of life with me.   

Alas, last month on my way home from Los Angeles to Arizona the manual transmission failed.   A bearing started to go out and make noise.   

I decided to get rid of that car but wasn't sure what to replace it with.
I needed something economical, fuel efficient, 4 door so my kids don't fight about getting in and who gets what seat.  I wanted a Toyota product since I spend the last 20 years working for them.

I decided on a Scion XB.  I this little 2006 Scion XB and figured it was in good enough shape and made the purchase from an individual party on Feb 14 2016.

 

I is in good shape inside and out.  Some dents and dings but thats to be expected.  Needs some work ( catalytic converter, front lower grill, 2 rear head rests, a bluetooth and iPod capable stereo, rear brakes, shocks and struts, and my own person touches hear and there.  

It's got a lot of headroom.  

This blog will chronicle my adventures, upgrades, and life with this little car



More to come.  







No comments:

Post a Comment