Advisement

This blog is intended to share my experiences with you on what parts I use and how I use them and how I install them. I am sharing this information to help others who run into the same issues I may run into. I will be including lists of parts and tools as well as links to the items I have purchased. Please be sure to only use parts for your specific vehicle.

My Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

USB Power Port installation

In this day an age it is pretty important to have power ports to be able to charge your phone, music player, etc.   So as an upgrade I installed this Dual usb power port.



I got it from amazon and thought it would fit next to the ash tray, but it was too small for that cut out in the plastic.  So I then decided to put it in the location next to the emergency brake handle.   Where the aux port is for the factory radio.  Since I replace the factory radio already, I didn't need the aux port their.




I started by connecting the pigtail that comes with the usb port to the connection behind the cigarette lighter.

I then ran the wires under the carped, and inside the plastic housing for the gear shifter.  



I ran the port into he whole in the plastic cover next to the brake handle. 

I installed it into place like so.   That is about it.  Pretty straight forward.


Parts used in this installation Dual usb power port.

 Dual USB port


Did you find this helpful?  Leave a comment and let me know any questions you may have.

Thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. Looking at doing this install as well. I was flipping through your previous posts, did you end up removing the other Cigarette Lighter you installed in order to install this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I did not remove the other port to install this. Both are tapped from the back of the factory cig lighter power. The draw is low enough to not require seperating them. Thanks for reading my stuff. Hope tgis helps.

      Delete
  2. In the event that you aren't in the propensity for bringing PCs, the USB drive licenses you to convey the information from the PC in your pocket. best wifi adapter for pc gaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am looking to do the same thing you have here. How did you get to the cigarette lighter and also run the wiring through? I haven't gotten that figured out from your pictures. If you have a video I'd love to see it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete